This is your place to find fun recreation resources!
Our Virtual Recreation Resource Center has plenty of ideas for all ages to stay active, connected and entertained through these challenging times.
Virtual fitness programs
- The Hidden World of National Parks – National Park Services and Google have teamed up so you can explore The Hidden World of National Parks with virtual tours guided by park rangers
- Head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium through their live stream
- Live webcam of the Beluga Whales at the Georgia Aquarium
- Take a virtual tour of the Smithsonian
- Virtual Tour of Sequoia National Park
- Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China
- Virtual field trip of Yellowstone National Park
- Explore Mars with a 360 camera
- San Diego Zoo – Check out their live animal cams and videos
- Virtual Scuba Dives
Virtual family fun
- Gardening – Guide to gardening for kids
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt with Riddles
- Spring outdoor fun
- Nomster Chef – Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook with their grown-ups
- Make a Time Capsule with your family- include photos, letters, and tokens that you feel represent this time. Even include news paper articles from the past several days. This will help us remember what happened during this time in future years.
Virtual science & education programs
- Nat Geo Kids – Learn about geography and animals from National Geographic
- The Environmental Nature Center – Educational videos geared towards school-aged children
- Aquarium of the Pacific – A collection of webinars, live-cam footage and classes for all ages
- Artsology – Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art
- Kids Think Design – Explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theatre, architecture, animation, and environmental design
- Conjuguemos – Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin.
- Learn a new language
- ECB – Games to get “into the book”
- Science Spot – Science projects that can be completed with or without Internet access
- 10 Easy Science Experiments
- The Happy Scientist – Just explore, have fun, and learn some science along the way.
- Climate Kids – This NASA initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate, atmosphere, water, energy, plants, and animals
- Sid the Science Kid
- PBS Learning– PreK-12 digital media service with more than 30,000 learning materials
- Brainscape – Offers over a million flashcard decks for every subject, entrance exam, and certification imaginable
- Banzai – Exposes students to real-world financial dilemmas to teach them the importance of smart money management