PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT BEACH PARKING AND PERMITS
BEACH STICKERS (updated 5/28):
We will require all vehicles visiting town beaches to have their 2020 beach sticker by Wednesday, July 1.
Until then, we will honor 2019 beach parking and 4x4 permits. We encourage you to purchase your 2020 permit in advance, and to help you do that, we've created the following guidelines:
• You can purchase your sticker on the Viply app
• You can mail in your beach sticker application to 55 Columbus Ave., Riverhead NY 11901 or drop it in the box outside our Parks office (Stotzky Park)
• You can pick up or buy your sticker in person (see below for more information)
How to pick up your sticker in person:
• Stickers will be available for pickup on Mon-Fri, 7:30 am-3 pm at the Parks office in Stotzky Park: 55 Columbus Avenue, Riverhead, and at all four town beaches on weekends: Sat. and Sun., 10 am-3 pm
• ONLY resident and senior resident parking permits will be available at this time
• You can pick up your sticker purchased online through Viply or
• You can purchase your 2020 permit
• Bronze level stickers only (this is just for parking -- all other levels will be available at a later date)
• Bronze level stickers are $20, or $5 for seniors
• No 2020 4x4 stickers will be sold at this time, but we will honor 2019 4x4 stickers if you still have one.
• You can pick up your sticker at the Parks office on the days/times above or
• If you want your sticker mailed, upload your registration and proof of residency (tax, utility bill) to email@example.com. Please reference your Viply confirmation number in the subject field.
When purchasing or picking up your beach permit, we ask that you please follow social distancing protocol. Please wear a mask and remain at least six feet apart from others. We have walk-up windows available at the Parks office -- no need to enter the building. Remember to bring your driver's license and vehicle registration with you, and proof of residence if you use a PO box.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE CLASSES and ON-DEMAND VIDEOS (updated 5/28):
Please note: Zumba Toning and Chair Zumba are canceled on Tues., June 9. They will both resume the following Tuesday, June 16.
We've also added new on-demand videos for kids to enjoy! Join our Summer Rec staff -- as well as a special guest reader -- for a cooking lesson, Father's Day crafts, and storytime! Click here.
SUMMER REC REGISTRATION (updated 4/27):
Previously, new dates for camp registration were posted anticipating a late April or early May registration. Due to the uncertainty of our timeline for reopening Recreation offices, camp registration is postponed indefinitely. This does not mean that Summer Camp is canceled, or that registration will be difficult. We have three sites available for campers this summer, and are focused on making sure your needs are met. Stay safe, stay well, and we will update you as soon as we have more information. Please check back here for updates, check our Facebook page (Town of Riverhead Parks and Recreation Department), or contact Liz at email@example.com and 631.405.0151. We also have a new alert system available; to receive messages for updates specific to camp, text SUMMERCAMP to 631-364-0517. We hope to see everyone soon.
Please see below for a message from our Youth Programs staff!
ONLINE CLASSES (updated 4/19):
Exciting announcement! We are thrilled to introduce a menu of online classes, both live and pre-recorded and covering a variety of topics. Please click here to see our first week of programs, and be sure to check back as we continue to add classes. All programs are free but the livestream classes do require a Zoom account (also available for free) and pre-registration. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or issues. Enjoy!
Tomorrow at 9 am: Sculpting with Cherie
Tomorrow at 10:30 am: Zumba with Irina
ALERT MEDIA: OUR NEW NOTIFICATION SYSTEM (updated 4/13):
If you would like to receive direct messages and updates from the Riverhead Recreation Department, please click the link below and register through our new Alert Media Notification System. You can register and click which messages you would like to receive and the best method to reach you:
PARKS (updated 4/3):
We are asking all park-goers to use additional precautions to protect their health and safety and that of others around them.
Our parks are still open. While solo exercise is ok, team sports are not permitted in the parks at this time. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others when outside and avoid congregating in groups.
Please refer to our Facebook page to sign up for updates.