Summer 2020 Brochure
We're excited to present our very first virtual brochure!
Click the play button to begin, then navigate forward by using the arrow on the right side of your screen.
This brochure is fully interactive with clickable links throughout.
You can also download it to a PDF by clicking the Download button on the bottom of your screen.
Registration has begun! Click the Register Now buttons throughout the brochure, or go directly to riverheadrecreation.com to register. You can register in person, but we strongly encourage online registration in the interest of social distancing.
SUMMER REC REGISTRATION REMINDER (updated 6/23)
Camp registration will be open to all families between Wednesday, June 24 and Tuesday, June 30 by appointment only. Spaces are limited. Please email your registration form and medical forms, which can be found here, along with an updated physical exam and immunizations to Liz at email@example.com. You will then receive a follow-up email to schedule an appointment for payment, either by phone or in person at the office, located at 60 Shade Tree Lane.
Parents and caregivers, please click here for more camp details and guidelines.
Call for Artists
ARTIST NEEDED FOR ILLUSTRATED MAP PROJECT (updated 6/19)
Calling all local artists -- professional, amateur, hobbyist, or anyone who loves to draw! We are looking for someone to create an illustrated map for a new project we've been working on at the Sound Avenue Nature Preserve. If interested, please email Danielle a few samples of your work and a short bio.
PLAYGROUNDS (updated 6/16)
We're excited to announce that all town playgrounds will be reopened on Saturday, June 27. Please stay safe and continue to follow proper social distancing protocol when using the equipment.
Online Classes & On-Demand Videos
ONLINE CLASSES and ON-DEMAND VIDEOS (updated 6/2):
Join us next week for some new classes, in addition to our ongoing exercise classes:
Watercolor Painting on Mon., June 8
Zumbini on Tues., June 9
Herb Gardening on Wed., June 10
We've also added new on-demand videos for kids to enjoy! Join our Summer Rec staff -- as well as a special guest reader -- for a cooking lesson, Father's Day crafts, and storytime! Click here.
BEACH STICKERS (updated 6/2):
We will require all vehicles visiting town beaches to have their 2020 beach sticker by Wednesday, July 1.
Until then, we will honor 2019 beach parking and 4x4 permits.
• You can purchase your sticker on the Viply app
• You can mail in your beach sticker application to 55 Columbus Ave., Riverhead NY 11901 or drop it in the box outside our Parks office (Stotzky Park)
• You can pick up or buy your sticker in person (see below for more information)
How to pick up or purchase your sticker in person:
• Stickers will be available for pickup on Mon-Fri, 7:30 am-3 pm at the Parks office in Stotzky Park: 55 Columbus Avenue, Riverhead, Mon-Fri 8am-4pm at Senior/Recreation Office 60 Shade Tree Lane and at all four town beaches 10am-6pm.
• ONLY resident and senior resident permits will be available at this time
• Bronze (parking) level stickers are $20 or $5 for seniors
• Silver (parking & boat launch) level stickers are $40 or $10 for seniors
Gold (parking & 4x4) level stickers are $80 or $65 for seniors
Platinum (parking, boat launch, 4x4 ) level stickers are $100 or $70 for seniors.
• You can pick up your sticker at the Parks office on the days/times above or
• If you want your sticker mailed, upload your registration and proof of residency (tax, utility bill) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference your Viply confirmation number in the subject field.
When purchasing or picking up your beach permit, we ask that you please follow social distancing protocol. Please wear a mask and remain at least six feet apart from others. We have walk-up windows available at the Parks office -- no need to enter the building. Remember to bring your driver's license and vehicle registration with you, and proof of residence if you use a PO box.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com
ALERT MEDIA: OUR NEW NOTIFICATION SYSTEM (updated 4/13):
If you would like to receive direct messages and updates from the Riverhead Recreation Department, please click the link below and register through our new Alert Media Notification System. You can register and click which messages you would like to receive and the best method to reach you:
PARKS (updated 4/3):
We are asking all park-goers to use additional precautions to protect their health and safety and that of others around them.
Our parks are still open. While solo exercise is ok, team sports are not permitted in the parks at this time. Please maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others when outside and avoid congregating in groups.
Please refer to our Facebook page to sign up for updates.